Monday, March 19, 2012

Update on Book


Hey everyone,

People have been asking me about the progress of my book, The Positive Side of What No One Knows, Turning a Tragic Past into a Positive Future. I took some time off for a number of things. As some of you know, I went back to school and that has been keeping me busy, especially this semester. Another reason is I have been doing some self evaluations in my life. There have been a few things that had to be dealt with so I put the book on hold. I plan to start working on the book again on a regular basis within the next week.

Sometimes, when you work on a project like this, certain emotions come up that you feel you dealt with until something else in your life happens and you sit back and realize that there are still little triggers that you didn't know still existed. There are times when you believe you have a handle on situations because you worked through certain emotions and felt awesome because you finally put everything behind you. Then you hear something and you begin to look back at your life and you see things in a different light and you realize that maybe you only put the majority of the past behind you. You begin to realize that there were still a few loose strings to tie up.

I have come to terms with those loose strings and tied them up. Even though I have moved on, there are always the memories. I refuse to let those of my past control how I live my future. I will continue to help those in need. I will continue to help people and if telling my stories help others then that's what I will do, no matter what. It's a healing road for everyone and it's one I'm willing to continue to travel in order to bring others to a more positive place in their life and to continue to show them that you can always turn a tragic past into a positive future.


No comments:

Post a Comment