Monday, June 7, 2010

Today Is One of Those Days


Today is one of those days that I look back on my life, and think about those that have meant the most to me, but are not here on this earthly plain anymore. I think of those that have made a huge positive impact on those around them. I think about those that have never thought they meant so much to anyone, when in reality, they meant the world to me.

When I think of today, I think of my daddy, Bernard John Lupinacci. Today, June 6, 2010, is the 13 year anniversary of Daddy's graduation to The Other Side / Heaven. My dad was a man that everyone loved. They didn't have a reason not to. He was always helping people, even if that meant lending an ear to vent to, or a shoulder to cry on.

He may not have been perfect in everyone's mind, but he was perfect to me. No one human being is perfect, but my dad had the heart and dedication of a lion to his pride, and no one could change that. His priorities consisted of nothing but his kids, and making sure we had what we needed to be happy. It wasn't a fancy house or the best clothes, rather it was his love and devotion to us and making sure that our basic needs were met, while never forgetting that we were his reason for breathing.

Life was hard, heck it still is, but I could never forget the long hours my dad put into work, as did my mother, just to make sure we had food to eat, clothes on our back, and a roof over our heads. He made sure he spent quality time with us any chance he got. My fondest memory of Daddy was dancing around the living room with him while perched on his shoes. He would twirl me around like a "ballerina". I was the princess, dancing with my king.

There were times that I got into trouble because of things my brother would do. I used to be so mad, but as I got older, I saw those times in a different light. Looking back. I see that everything we went through, everything we were told to do or not to do, was a lesson for us to learn. These are lessons that although I have had to sometimes learn the hard way, I still learned them. These are lessons that one day, I will be able to teach my kids. These are lessons that I will be able to say to my kids, "I had to learn them, and if your grandpa was here, he would tell you the same thing. How do I know, because he told them to me when I was your age."

To this day, I remember the values, he instilled in me. To this day, I remember all of the rules he told me on how to be the best woman I could be. To this day, I remember, my daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment